IS – for the doers: This network is for the forward doers, the self-directed improvement people. Those who are doing. It isn’t really for the ‘helpers’, for the externals, unless you can demonstrate equity with everyone, a willingness to learn as much as share, and your stories are current improvement activities. I.e. this is what I did yesterday!
IS – curated: Access to the network is open, but not automatic. Imagine musicians jamming together, not all combinations will work.
IS – forward looking: Currently our unity of mission is collective strength, helping individual journeys. This foundation of trust though creates a group ready for anything.
IS – a professional enterprise, both a full time endeavour, a vocation and also for the greater good. Finding a way to sustain that is a key part of the network.
ISN’T – a consulting collaborative: While we collectively create an amazing resource. We are not a group that actively goes out to help others in any kind of consulting consortium.
ISN’T – a brokerage organisation. We don’t actively connect external resources to network people, or do any commission work. People can share what resources have worked internally, network person to network. That provides a lot of integrity to the information.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
YES, sounds great! But how? 3 parts.
- JOIN THE BOOKS Creation of a database system, growing list of improvement minds.
- NETWORK ACTIVITY From that list, comes the activities and connections, generated by the network and the network catalyst.
- IMPACT Make the connections happen! Watch amazing. Do even more!
How do you get passionate, smart, motivated improvement professionals networking together, sharing and learning?
You get to know them and create events to make that happen.
- Research: massive amount of research, exploration and engagement with the big picture activity, thinking and people.
- Contact: engaging with the people in the improvement ecosystem.
- Connecting: making great connections.
- Curating: enabling great interactions.
- Voice: for the collective themes, impact, stories, resources.
- A Collaborative Improvement mind set.
- Be actively engaged in continuous improvement – any approach/discipline.
- Believe in the network principles – particularly, that we all have something to learn, and stories to share.
- Commit to follow up/impact/feedback on benefit of network value exchanges. Help determine the format, content, infrastructure, fuel for the network.
- Open to anyone but you must demonstrate the above. Doing, willing to learn, engaging, collaborative, mutual win:win.
MAKING IT PERSONAL
Strengthen ourselves, each other, impact the world! Self-directed, improvement people in our own right, all smart, co-creators of global improvement.
How much does it cost? Network mechanics.
Networking, a Value Exchange.
- Your input to each other. Your input, ideas, energy, sharing, learning. This is mutual and cost neutral.
- Your input into funding and fuelling the network vehicle itself. Share in the rewards, the successes, pay it forward, $$, exchange, in kind, support.
- Network Full Participant/Membership: All areas, access pass. Regular access to all network activity, content and people. Currently paid yearly. JOIN
- Network One Off Activity: 1:1, one off events, day passes, meet ups connecting with the CICE Team, mutual exchanges, in kind. Per event/activity. CONNECT
And yes, all the above can work in reverse too.
Networking, connecting as a Service
- Network Access: Request, access, transactional connecting as a service to get you to where you’re going.
Accessing the knowledge, resources, information, people, learnings of the network. Help connecting. Quoted per request. CONTACT
Do you consultant, coach?
CICE is about connecting improvement minds, so currently the CICE Network doesn’t participant in consulting, coaching or training. There has been talk about a collective of external support but this doesn’t fit the mindset that we are all in this together, and have as much to offer as the next person.
How many events do I get for my money?
The network is personal and individual. As such setting this at the beginning of a year, a calendar of events has not proved useful. What has been better is an organic nature built on and from the needs of the people in the network. It’s about enabling everyone to come in the ‘room’ and be a participant in what they need from everyone else. The format has and continues to evolve based on the feedback and interactions from the network.
Can consultants/externals join?
Consultants are welcome to enquire. There are an extraordinary number of external people, coaching, consulting, training, offering resources. However most find that the network isn’t for them. It is , it is an improvement network not a business network. The point is to share and learn in an equal exchange. Share not tell or help.
© All Rights Reserved Trish Wilson. 2020.